- Job Title:
- Sr. Staff Scientist - Ultra High Vacuum Systems
- Orem, Utah, United States
- Technology / Cloud Services
- Biotech / R&D / Science
Our client in Orem, UT is seeking an experienced Scientist in the field of Ultra High Vacuum Systems, Materials, and Equipment. This is an opportunity to join an established company with a successful and profitable product line. The following is not an exhaustive list, but a list of functions and operations within the role.
· Reviews complete project documents for conformity.
· Develops new techniques and/or improved processes, materials, or products.
· Assists upper-level management and staff as a technical specialist or advisor.
· Supervises all staff necessary to complete assignments including new product developments.
· Provides guidance and final approval for all design and processes required for the product.
· Reviews and approves scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
· Receives supervision and guidance relating to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters.
· Receives direction on unusual conditions and developments that may impact the project.
· Conduct research into the particle-matter interactions, particle transport in gaseous and solid media.
· Conducts research in the field of HV fields as applied to the high vacuum devices and high voltage power supplies.
· Conducts research into the material systems used in the high vacuum devices and sealing technologies.
· Develops or helps to develop models for predicting the performance and reliability of the vacuum and high voltage devices.
· Supports Process Engineering to improve yield, characterize processes, and execute robust processes.
· Build relationships with experts in Industry and at Universities to increase the company’s technical capabilities.
· Interact with others in R&D and Production, listening, communicating, and incorporating joined expertise in materials, processing, and design.
· Plans laboratory experiments to confirm feasibility of processes and techniques used in the development of new products.
· Prepares reports of study findings for the use of other scientists and requestors. Responsible for knowledge management within the company.
· Publishes, patents and presents scientific discoveries in national and international conferences and refereed journals.
· Mentors junior engineers and scientists.
Qualified candidates will have a Ph.D. with a minimum of 5 years of relative experience. Experience in Ultra High Vacuum Systems is a must-have. Business at this company is conducted in English, and candidates must be able to communicate both written and verbally in English.
Qualified Candidates: Please send your resume to Tyson@JamisonSearch.com or call 801-776-8417 for more information.Apply To Job