- Job Title:
- Senior Scientist, R&D OPTICS
- Provo, Utah, United States
- Technology / Cloud Services
- Sales / Retail / Business Development
The R&D Scientist works on the design and feasibility demonstration of new and modified technologies and methodologies. In particular, the Thin Films Scientist is responsible for traditional PVD and CVD thin film processes, as well as ALD and other vapor deposition methods. Characterization and control and critical success factors. You may lead product development teams, moving from product definition to manufacturing implementation, creatively working to expand our existing business as well as develop new markets.
This position must have an in-depth understanding of both our product capabilities and of market applications and performance expectations of our products. In addition, understanding manufacturing methods and capabilities will assist the investigation of new applications where our products and processes may be adapted. The Research Scientist must be able to interface with staff members and potential customers to transform market needs into viable products.
- Improve and/or develop new thin-film methods, including deposition processes, characterization & metrology, and controls acceptable to be put into a production environment.
- Manage new product and method projects from initial concept and technology demonstration, thru development, and transitioning to manufacturing, including internal & external qualification and other managed/gated design development processes.
- Create initial operating procedures, FMEA's, and other documentation.
- Perform, analyze and implement results of Design of Experiments (DOE) to characterize processes.
- Train production operators on new operating procedures for thin-film tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree in engineering, chemistry, physics, materials science, or related field.
- 4+ years working experience on high vacuum plasma vapor deposition and atomic layer deposition tools such as Applied Materials, Beneq, YES, and others.
- Experience working in a clean room, including knowledge of general IC processing.
- Experience with UV-Vis-IR analytical spectroscopy, optical inspection, and optical test.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Knowledge of optics.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and meet technical challenges.
- Ability to work with others in a diverse team environment and contribute individual expertise.
- Be a self-starter, identifying problems, innovating and implementing solutions.
- Ability to communicate in English, verbally, written, and including business & technical matters.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and treat change and new situations as opportunities.
Qualified Candidates: Please send your resume to Tyson@JamisonSearch.com or call 801-776-8417 for more information.Apply To Job