- Job Title:
- SQL Server Database Engineer
- South Jordan, Utah, United States
- Technology / Cloud Services
- Information Technology
Our client is seeking to add a SQL Server Database Engineer to their growing IT team.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding business acumen, an internal drive to solve problems, demonstrated analytical skills, strong technical abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills. This role is responsible for building, implementing, automating services and supporting Microsoft BI solutions. Qualified candidates will possess experience in all stages of database project work (requirements, logical and physical design, implementation, testing and deployment). The SQL Server Database Engineer should have a firm grasp of BI implementation methodologies and will have had in-depth experience with the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS and SSAS). The SQL Server Database Engineer should understand and have proven expertise in the various technologies needed to implement Microsoft BI solutions. The developer must have experience with the Microsoft BI stack and exposure to other technologies is a plus.
· The SQL Server Database Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing databases, ETL routines, cubes, performance tuning, automation and reporting in addition to providing support and enhancements to existing client solutions. This includes defining the physical table structures, including any modifications required to support business reporting requirements, the overall data model, ETL development and the data dictionary used to support standard and ad hoc BI reporting.
· The SQL Server Database Engineer will work closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Management during all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, and will ensure that internal and client deadlines are met and output is of the highest quality.
· The focus of this job is to provide performance tuning, automation, including deployment automation and cloud deployments, building and supporting OLAP cubes, ETL and reporting. Will need to be capable of enforcing technology management practices, naming and coding standards, and source code management
· Adopt and embrace automation practices across the various technical platforms and domains
· Define the physical table structures, including any modifications required to support business reporting requirements
· Document the overall data model and the data dictionary used to support standard and ad hoc BI reporting
· Develop report and technical standards to be applied across all elements of the BI delivery spectrum
· Maintain the business model and presentation layer components of the BI architecture
· Collaborate with business stakeholders and cross-functional project teams to understand and refine business requirements and to define and implement the appropriate solution
· Ensure the optimal performance and high availability of database systems and services whilst meeting or exceeding our Service Level Objectives
· Apply solutions architecture concepts and standards to reporting and application projects.
· Continually evaluate new technologies and keep up to date with current technology enhancements to meet current and future business intelligence, reporting and application development needs.
· Develop architecture specification documentation representing current and planned design of data environments and solutions.
· Support ETL development and database deployment activities where needed
· BA / BS preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered
· Minimum of 5 years of successful, results-oriented experience in a diverse range of business and IT functions
· Strong experience designing data warehouses including dimensional design, data modeling, and data optimization
· Strong knowledge and experience with deploying database-specific technologies and techniques: SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerShell, DDL, DML, Stored Procedures, Views, Functions
· In-depth knowledge of working with source control management systems such as git
· Experience using Oracle E-Business Application Suite or Microsoft AX a plus
· PowerBi experience a plus
Qualified Candidates: Please send your resume to Tyson@JamisonSearch.com or call 801-776-8417 for more information.